Impact of fog on the safety and smooth flow of expressways:
1. Reduce visibility because fog scatters light and absorbs light, the transparency of the sight is reduced, and the driver cannot see the situation in front and surrounding area. It is necessary to judge the distance between vehicles and the variable information boards, signs and markings and other traffic safety facilities. It is difficult to distinguish. In addition, because the intensity of heavy fog may be not the same on different road sections, it is difficult for the drivers to adjust their speed and distance between vehicles in time according to the different visibility of each road section. In this case, traffic accidents are vulnerable to happen.
2. Reduce the friction coefficient between the vehicle and the road surface. Due to the mixture of fog, and dust, the sticking coefficient between the tire and the road surface is reduced. Especially in the northern winter, the ice fog will form a thin layer of ice on the road surface, and the sticking coefficient will decrease more, which leads to the braking distance. Appearance such as extension, slipping, braking deviation, etc.
3. Increase driver's mental stress. According to a survey, 70% of drivers are over-stressed when entering a foggy area; 85% feel exhaust when driving on a foggy day and 87.5% of drivers experience changes in their driving position. Due to the increased psychological and mental pressure, once an accident happens, inappropriate measures can easily lead to traffic accidents.
4. Avoidance chances are narrow. According to the braking theory of vehicle dynamics, it can be known that the flow of traffic on the expressway is moving at a steady speed. When the distance between the vehicles is greater than or equal to the minimum safe distance between vehicles, it won’t cause an accident. Most expressways in our country are two-lane, with limited space for movement, and accidents are more likely to happen if the driver’s changes lanes and accelerates or decelerates at will on a foggy day.
In order to change this situation, foggy road safety guidance devices (smart fog lamps) can be installed on both sides of the expressway. Through the smart fog lamp guidance system, the brightness of the fog lamps can be adjusted at any time according to the dense fog index to form a light band for vehicle traffic. Bright high-speed roads, warning and allowing drivers to see the road clearly and effectively improving the safety of driving.
Aspect of the foggy road safety guidance device:
1. High brightness: LED adapts with Taiwan EPISTAR chip which is high brightness and slow light fading.
2. Rough and durable: The PC shell is formed by one-time die-casting, impact resistance, aging resistance and corrosion resistance and the solar panel uses PET laminate, that’s why it’s not easy to break.
3. Warning effects: Warning effects are good. Well equipped with LED and reflective film, the combination of active light emission and passive light reflection.
4. Dimming function: The brightness of the light is adjustable.
5. Warning against rear-end collision: With the vehicle detection function, a red anti-collision warning zone can be set by the length.
6. Coincident flashing: Contemporary flashing and adjustable flashing frequency.
7. Stable performance: Complete protection circuit, stable and reliable function.
8. Long service life: The service life of LEDs is more than 100,000 hours, and the service life of solar panels is 15 years.
9. Easy to install: The sleeve base is fixed, no external power supply needed, and also no wiring is required.
The foggy road safety guidance device uses solar panels to charge the battery without external power supply. The light-emitting unit of the foggy road safety guidance device of Sinowatcher is a high-brightness, high-transparency LED which combines active light and reflection, achieving a better warning effect. Each device is controlled by a high-performance microcomputer controller, and brought together through a wireless link. The performance is stable and the full power state flashes and can work continuously 220 hours and more than 9 days without sunshine.